CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to Holocaust Humanities Study in Film and Literature!

Well guys, welcome to our class blog. I will be requiring you all to comment once a week on the blog. I will certainly try to put interesting discussion topics, resource material, and conversation starters on here, as well as hopefully some amazing work by all of you. I cannot begin to express to you what it means to me to get to teach this class, a class on my passion for Holocaust education. Last year's class was beyond amazing and I know that you all will raise the bar even higher.

If you haven't seen it yet, "Valkyrie" was quite a good movie. I was most impressed with the accuracy to the historical information and contexts, as I know it. I also just finished The Book Thief. This book is narrated by Death and, as you might imagine, that provides quite an interesting format. I am anxious to start our class reaading and discussion. Have you read anything Holocaust-related lately? Seen anything?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also saw Valkyrie not long ago and thought it was a great movie. I was somewhat surprised when I found myself getting really into the movie. Even though I knew in the end they would fail I couldn't help hoping that maybe they would succeed

Kate

Anonymous said...

I also have seen Valkyrie. I think that is was a great informational movie. I had never heard of that plan before and it was very interesting for me to watch and learn about it. Tom Cruise, in my opinion, did a very good job at playing that part. I think that movie helped me see a part of the Holocaust I had never known about. I recommend this movie to people that like learning about different things that happened during the Holocaust, not just about the concentration camps.