CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Week of January 12


Well guys, I do feel pretty good after Friday's discussion. I am sure that over time we will all get more comfortable with each other and our topic. This week should go along way in doing that, as we will have many more such discussions!

Monday, January 12
Stereotyping
Fact vs. Opinion
Circles of my Multicultural Self activity
DUE: Parent letter and "I Am" poem
ASSIGNED: Keep a log of television watching and record when you see a character being stereotyped.

Tuesday, January 13
"GATTACA"
DUE: Fact/opinion activity

Wednesday, January 14
"GATTACA" and discussion

Thursday, January 15
Racism

Friday, January 16
Holocaust/Shoah/antisemitism
Genocide

Don't forget your Mindwatch journals!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed watching the gattica movie in class so far. Even though the film was science fiction i think it was crazy people where discriminated by genetic makeup. I think we can learn alot from Gattica and people should be treated based on who they are, and not from race or ethinic backround. This movie reminded me from the part in Martin Luther Kings I Had A Dream speech where he says kids should be judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin. Even though Vincent had all the ability as a genetically modified human he was discriminated against.

nhape said...

I agree with trevor the movie gattica was actually good. I normally don't science fiction movies, but I really enjoyed this one.It was clear the similarities between the movie and the holocaust. I think that I am really starting to open up in class. If you haven't seen the movie Defiance then you are missing a really great WW2 movie.