CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where Now?

We are certainly winding this train down! I just wanted to give you a heads up of all that is left. First of all, we are going to take time Fri to complete the timeline activity. Therefore, you need to bring all items you are placing in your capsule, a written description of each, and whatever supplies you need to remake the container.

Everyone traveling to Mayfield with me to do the play should have your permission form turned in. I need the group of people acting in the play to be in my room at 11:30 and the extra people to be here at noon. I am going to have to make two trips. You guys remember your dress rehearsal tomorrow during Connections.

Art Group, I need to know if your work is complete.

5K Group, we need to chat soon and get an update. Grant and Justin, when can you go over with me to Rolling Hills?

Likely I will assign a take-home test over the last two units. Wait to hear for sure on that.

Extra Credit option for everyone/anyone: There is a book left that I have done some years and not done others. This year I am making it extra credit. It is incredibly short, well-written, and funny and heartbreaking all at the same time. It is called Farewell to Manzanar and it's about the Japanese-American internment camps. If you choose to read it, it is due 12/17 and you need to get a copy from me ASAP.

We will research next week and you will ALL present your creative research projects on 12/13 and 12/14.

HONORS ONLY: This is it. I need to see your notes next week for your paper.

 Your final research paper is due when you present your creative project on 12/13-12/14. Your final two assignments are both easy and interesting. 

The first is to research a Holocaust memorial from ANYWHERE in the world and bring pictures of it and write an analysis of it. What makes it so meaningful? What drew you to it? What is the background story of the subject of the memorial AND the memorial itself? Was there any objection to it? Etc.  Due 12/17

Last of all, I want you to create a children's book based on the Holocaust. This can be about something specific from the Holocaust or it can take a specific message that is Holocaust-related and focus on it. Make these incredible, please. Due 12/19

0 comments: