CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2012

Week of October 8

When we started this semester, I wasn't totally sure what this class would be like. I remember thinking at first that you guys were going to be great in discussion, then going through a period where few people talked and getting very discouraged. However, I am going to say, you guys are awesome. There are some of you who have participated since day one and I absolutely see that and appreciate it SO much. What has brought me great joy recently has been those of you who had not previous had much to say who are now really beginning to participate in discussion and it's so incredibly because your comments are SO insightful and right on target! Those Book Thief quote projects and covers were absolutely among the best I have EVER gotten. I love that you are getting into the spirit of this class, even though I know being fully vested means that some days (like Thursday), you are going through the rest of your day in a fog of despair. I felt that way too on Thursday. This week is sure to be interesting, with one day that will be a first for any takers of Holocaust Lit (and me!) with our Skype discussion.

Monday, 10.8
Explain ecphrastic assignment
Petr Ginz Keynote
Evaluation over this unit
VISUAL RESPONSE TO QUOTE DUE
SALVAGED PAGES DUE

Tuesday, 10.9
Skype discussion over ghettos

Wednesday, 10.10
Wannsee Conference

Thursday, 10.11
Deportations

Friday, 10.12
T4 Euthnasia Program
Mobile Killing Squads


0 comments: