CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Week of April 6

Different kind of week next week. After discussing our plans for Remembrance Day, I am still unsure. I don't want to plan something just for the sake of planning it, but I really do want to have some specific recognition of the memory of the Holocaust. Regarding our artistic responses, however, I am excited. The garden (which I will be honest, I was not expecting to progress and now I am half-thinking that it might be completed!) sounds amazing, the website is such an incredible idea, and the montage/collage is something that I would love to work on myself. The only thing I am still unsure of is the bench. I have looked at some over the weekend and I am just not sure what we could get that would hold up well outside. I don't know. I really thought that a bookcase would be awesome. I also went to some antique stores this weekend and got kind of interested in something like a trunk that could be painted, put on wheels, then used to store some of my Holocaust resources. We can talk more tomorrow about this. OK? I'm excited about it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Richter said...

I am very excited for some of the stuff we talked about for rememberance. I think the class did an awesome job of coming up with some new ideas and working on some old ideas. I can't wait to work in the garden and the bench. It's going to look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I, too, really liked the ideas the class came up with. It's definitely going to be difficult to accomplish them all, but I think it'll be fun.
And I actually like the trunk idea! I wouldn't mind working on that, actually. I know a lot of people would like that idea.

-Snezhanna C.