CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Week of February 23

I have really enjoyed class these past two weeks. I appreciate your cooperation. You guys are coming out with some great discussion points. Things are going to start getting personal and more emotional this next week. I just want you to be aware so that you won't be surprised on days when you just can't get something out of your head or don't feel like yourself. And sometimes the temptation is to try to distance yourself somewhat so that you DON'T feel things as strongly. While I am not every going to try and hype some big emotional response (I am VERY opposed to that), nor do I want you to distance yourself. I want you to actively engage in what we are learning and never forget that these were real people we are talking about. The man on today's testimony really struck me with the things he said. We have to remember that it was flesh and blood, not just characters from a play.

Monday, February 23
Kristallnacht
Primary/secondary sources
DUE: Journal Response 3

Tuesday, February 24
Salvaged Pages

Wednesday, February 25
Maus

Thursday, February 26
Maus
DUE: Maus completed

Friday, February 27
Poetry, essays

Our mini-research project will begin Friday and we will have Monday in the library. You will begin presentations on Tuesday. More details to come.

0 comments: