CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday Toughday

I'm finally started to feel really, really drained. Mentally, physically, and emotionally. I'm on day 14 at this point of full days of learning a tough topic, meager food, lots of exertion, being away from my family, and getting very little sleep. Today I think I hit a wall. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. :)

Today (Tuesday) was very, very full. We started with a lecture on Jewish Leadership in the Shoah, had two lessons on ghettos, a lecture on cultural and spiritual resistance, and ended the time at Yad Vashem with a lesson on Holocaust Literature (yes, totally up my alley!).

Again today, I feel like there is just so many details, most of which I want to try and incorporate into my lessons later, that I don't have very much to say here. I want to end with a very powerful quote I heard and just leave it with you in a few minutes.

We ended the day at the Israeli Museum where I got to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. If you're not familiar with the story of the discovery of that little piece of history, look it up. It's kind of amazing. It was so wild to look at them and know they are the earliest paper (parchment) documentation of the Bible. My other favorite part of that museum was the reconstructed model of Jersusalem's Old City. I am NOT a spatial person, so it was really really helpful to see how the ruins we saw and walked actually looked when they weren't... well... RUINS. :)

Here's the quote I'll leave with you:

"At the end of World War II, everyone sat down to count their dead. The Jews began to count their living."









0 comments: