CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Living On

I thought instead of going one person at a time in the computer lab, it would be easier to link the Living On website and instructions from here. In addition, you might want to browse it more at a later date.

Living On is a website that contains information from a project the Tennessee Holocaust Commission did to preserve the memory of survivors and liberators who are now Tennesseans. It is a wonderful program, complete with a gallery of large black and white photos and excerpts from the interviews. I also have the video documentary that was produced, which we might have time to watch one day.

Your job is to find someone that you would like to "follow" through the semester. You will just create a timeline of his or her life in order to be aware, as we talk about the chronology of the Holocaust, where he or she would have been at any given time. On the Living On website, you can search either Survivors, Hidden Children, or Refugees. I can direct you to some very interesting ones and I can also tell you which of these survivors I have heard speak.

Once you have found one, check with me to make sure another classmate has not selected that person. After I approve it, you can create your timeline and familiarize yourself with the story of your survivor.

0 comments: